Arthritis and Total Joint Replacement Care
Arthritis, one of the most common causes of pain and disability in adults, is the result of the loss of smooth cartilage in the joint. When enough cartilage is lost, the pain of arthritis becomes severe and joint replacement may be needed.
Joint replacement surgery involves the removal and replacement of arthritic cartilage with the components of the joint replacement system. The most common joint replacements include knee, hip and shoulder replacement. Dr. Jefferson is also trained to replace elbow, wrist and toe joints. Dr. Jefferson has years of experience using the latest technology.
Dr. Jefferson offers:
- Minimally invasive approaches for hip, knee and shoulder replacements
- Anterior supine total hip replacements
- Computer navigation for hip and knee replacements
- Patient-specific computer generated knee replacements
- Rotating platform knee replacements
- Metal on ceramic hip replacements
You and Dr. Jefferson will discuss what type of implant and technology is best for your safe and swift recovery.
To set up an appointment, call 270.442.2449.